When I shop for a chair, I don''t want some big bulky, high-back, super fancy chair. I tend to prefer simple task chairs with arms. This looked like it would fit the bill perfectly; so far it has done just that! Assembly was easy, it was packaged well and...
When I shop for a chair, I don''t want some big bulky, high-back, super fancy chair. I tend to prefer simple task chairs with arms. This looked like it would fit the bill perfectly; so far it has done just that!
Assembly was easy, it was packaged well and arrived with no damages at all, I didn''t require any special tools (just a basic screwdriver) and I was using my chair within about 10 minutes of bringing the box in from outside when it was delivered.
The only reason this doesn''t get a five-star is because of a couple things, but they''re things I can live with so it didn''t mark off any further.
1) First off, it''s not as cushy as the picture may lead you to think. When viewing the picture, I thought this would have a nice padded seat, but sadly it''s not quite as padded as I thought. It''s not like sitting on a wooden bench, there is padding, but it''s less than the image seems to show.
2) The fabric on the seat and back is textured (think wool sweater) and can be uncomfortable on bare skin. So to deal with this, I either lay my jacket over the seat, or just wear pants (no shorts, otherwise I get a serious imprint of the fabric on my legs).
3) The arm-rests aren''t hardly padded at all. There is some give, but it''s not far from being solid hard plastic.
The chair still functions perfectly, and I''ve found ways to make it more comfortable for myself, but those are the only drawbacks I''ve found to this chair since buying it a couple weeks ago. They don''t bother me that much, they may bother you more so keep that in mind.
*** EDIT: I have now had this chair for a year and a half and it has had a couple major problems since I first reviewed it. It is still in one piece, so that''s why I didn''t bump it down to 1 start, also it did last me almost a year before the problems started happening.
1) I often lean my left elbow on the arm-rest for general comfort and all the chairs I''ve used in the past have had no issue with this. This chair however, the back of the left arm-rest started to bend and bow out of shape, bending downward. When I attempted to gently bend it back into a more normal shape (to match the right arm-rest), the flimsy material just snapped. It''s somehow still connected and there, but the top part that rests on the connector to the chair is wobbly and definitely not secure.
2) Like most people, because this chair has a back, I like to lean back in my chair. Similarly to the arm-rest bending, the connector brace for the back of this chair has slowly over time bent backwards to a point where my chair is always at an obtuse angle. Both my husband and I have attempted to adjust it and it will stay for... oh about 2 seconds until I put any real lean on the back then it goes to its current useless angle. Some people like the backs of their chairs to be further back, and that''s fine for them, but I like to sit up-right and this chair has made it impossible to do that.
I know it''s only two things, but they''re big enough things that I don''t even want to sit at my desk anymore because it has become too painful to sit in my chair. I will be replacing this thing very shortly and I doubt I''ll use Boss brand again.